-This chapter about IT in Business Operation.It's everywhere.
* Organizations typically operate by functional areas or functional silos
*Functional areas are independent
What is IT (Information Technology) ?
- a field concerned with the use of technology in managing and processing information
- IT is an important enabler of business success and innovation
What is Management information systems (MIS) ?
- a general name for the business function and academic discipline covering the application of people, technologies,and procedures to solve business problems.
- MIS is a business function,similar to Accounting,Finance,Operations,and Human Resources
When beginning to learn about information technology it is important to understand;